Translate
Thursday, March 20, 2014
Memoir Reading Blog 4
Jackie Robinson had a son named Jackie Robinson Jr. His son had a reputation of disliking school very much and even being a trouble maker at his school. Jackie's son got into lots of trouble and was consistently doing it over and over. In a particular scene in the book, Jackie's son runs away from home with his friend. Both his mother and father were in a state of panic and were very distraught about the events that were unfolding. Their son was gone and they had no idea where he had run off to. As I read through the scene, I could feel both of his parents pain. They had lost their son and they were so desperate to do anything that would help to get their so back. If I was personally in that situation, I would most definitely do the exact same thing that his parents did. I would do anything and everything that would help to try and get my child back. It's a natural instinct to protect your children and when something happens to one of them, everything will be done by that parent to protect their child and get them back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Have a child who leave his parents without any trace of him, is a sad anda painful event in general but in particular for the parents. The story you read remind me when I was 8 years old. One day after not have been wise at home I left the house and refused to go back because I was scared to have my dad punish me. When it got late night I and could not been seen by my parents, everybody panicked. They looked for me everywhere, they did not see me. At that time I hided in a friend’s house to whom I asked for help to spend the night with him and go back home in the morning, even his parents did not know I was still there in that late night.In the morning my friend’s parents found out that I sleep in their house, and asked me the reason I did not go home In the night. I told them that I had not been a good boy at home, and I was scared to be punished, so my friend’s dad took me home. Everybody was desperate, and I remember that morning my dad did not go to work, My mom who was informed about my missing last night, was there in the early morning crying about me. When I saw the situation in which I put my parents I swore to my mom not to do that again.
ReplyDeleteSo parents are always ready to do everything to protect their child.