Translate
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
First Attempt at Writing Memoir
The very first attempt at writing memoir, I was excited to write about an event that was specifically special/significant to me. As I continued to write my memoir, I found an event that happened in my life and was very significant to me. This specific event was the death of my grandfather. He was very close to me and it was very hard to let him go once he died. Some challenges that I faced when writing the memoir was trying to recollect all of the memories from that long ago. Other then that, it was too difficult to write since it was my own life and it came very easy to me. Sometimes I feel like this part of my life is a little personal to share,but I feel like people should know about a man that was very close to me and also helped shape me to be the person that I am today. In the end, I believe that this is a good event to write about, as it really did impact my life at the time that it occurred.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Especially if you were just a toddler or a small child when your grandfather passed away, it's difficult to remember "meaningful" things about your grandfather or times you had with him. It sounds like your grandfather was alive long enough for you to form a close relationship with him, which would mean you were a little older when he died. When my grandmother died, I was seven. I think I cried mostly because my mom and dad were upset, since I didn't really see my grandmother that much. It would have been nice to remember her personality and meaningful things about her, but instead I remember her glasses and her sitting in a wheelchair. Also, I had a hard time writing the memoir because I felt it was too personal just like you. Personal stuff is interesting, though. It makes you more endearing to your reader.
ReplyDeleteWas your grandfather's death your first experience with death?
ReplyDelete