Translate

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Memoir Reading Blog 1

The memoir that I chose to read was one of Jackie Robinson. He was the first African-American baseball player and he broke the barrier for more African-Americans to break the barrier as well. This particular book attracted my attention because it was about a man that changed the face of a major league sport and was recognized by everyone, everywhere. As I read this book, I'm expecting to learn more about how Jackie was given the chance and what he had to do to make it into major league baseball. This is a history changing event because without Jackie Robinson, who knows where major league sports would be with allowing African-Americans to play alongside everyone else. There's not much to relate myself with to Jackie Robinson, but if there was anything, it would be the fact that Jackie never gave up on his dreams. I myself am the type of person that does not give up when it comes to achieving something that I want. This should be a great book and I am looking forward to reading more about the life of Jackie Robinson.

No comments:

Post a Comment